Hydrogen Engineer (Low Carbon).
Hydrogen Engineer (Low Carbon)
£90000 - £110000 per year|
As a Process Engineer specializing in Hydrogen and Low Carbon Capture, you will play a crucial role in developing and improving the technologies that underpin our commitment to sustainable energy solutions. You will work collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams to design, evaluate, and refine processes that enable efficient hydrogen production and capture of carbon emissions, ensuring compliance with regulatory standards and industry best practices.
Process Design and Optimization:
- Develop and optimize process flows for hydrogen production and low carbon capture, considering factors such as efficiency, safety, environmental impact, and cost-effectiveness.
- Utilize engineering principles and simulation tools to model and analyze processes, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with research and development teams to translate innovative concepts into practical and scalable processes for hydrogen generation and carbon capture.
- Participate in the design and testing of pilot-scale systems to validate new technologies.
Emissions Reduction Strategies:
- Engineer solutions to capture and mitigate carbon emissions from various industrial processes, contributing to the reduction of greenhouse gases.
- Implement carbon capture technologies in alignment with global emissions reduction goals.
Process Safety and Regulatory Compliance:
- Ensure that process designs and implementations meet industry safety standards and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct risk assessments and recommend appropriate safeguards for hydrogen and low carbon capture processes.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including researchers, engineers, and technicians to exchange knowledge, share insights, and drive innovation.
- Communicate process design decisions, technical challenges, and progress updates to internal stakeholders and management.
- Monitor process performance, analyze data, and identify areas for optimization to enhance operational efficiency and minimize waste.
- Implement process modifications to address performance gaps and achieve desired outcomes.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of process designs, modifications, and experimental results.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations to communicate findings and recommendations to various audiences.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in process engineering within the hydrogen or carbon capture sectors.
- Strong understanding of hydrogen production technologies, carbon capture methods, and relevant chemical processes.
- Proficiency in process simulation software and engineering tools.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to drive projects to successful outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English and German.
- Familiarity with environmental regulations and safety standards related to hydrogen and carbon capture processes.
#L1-HR1Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Harrison Roberts
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Mechanical Design.
We are looking for a Thermal Engineer to join an exciting start up company located in Munich. The company are...
Senior Airframe Design Engineer
We're in search of an experienced engineer to join a leading aviation manufacturer in Germany. Your responsibilities will include: Overseeing...
Project Engineer (Plant Construction)
My client is a leading global engineering contractor who operate internationally and are pioneers in various technologies and innovations when...
DUTCH TECH SALARY BENCHMARKS.
Are you looking for a new role? Would you like to compare your current salary against the market rate?
Maybe you’re looking to grow your team and need help planning and setting hiring budgets.
Our interactive market update, split by technology, has all the information you need; from salary benchmarks, gender split and average tenure to 'time to hire' and fastest-growing skills.