Remote Sensing Engineer.
Remote Sensing Engineer
€45000 - €65000 per year|
Remote sensing /Earth Observation
Darwin Recruitment are currently hiring on behalf of a NewSpace company founded in 2021 in Toulouse who are seeking an English speaking Remote Sensing Engineer. This company are developing the technologies necessary to monitor, understand and ultimately predict global climate changes. Their first mission is to combat climate change by providing a satellite-based methane monitoring service to allow regulators and emitters worldwide to assess and reduce their emissions.
About the team
The Data Processing Center team is responsible for the fully automated delivery of Greenhouse Gas concentration maps around the world from raw satellite images. It includes the deployment of software solutions to process vast quantities of satellite data in a cloud-based infrastructure, the automation of in-orbit instrument calibration and validation, and the development of an algorithm suite accounting for satellite payload and manoeuvre to provide high quality methane emission estimates.
The team is based in Toulouse, France, and includes software developers, computer vision experts and Radiometric specialists. They enforce growth mindsets to push the limits and keep learning.
About the Job
As a Remote Sensing Engineer in the Data processing center team, you will develop a suite of satellite image processing pipelines to produce optimal data quality from raw satellite images. As part of your responsibility, you will:
- Design and implement remote sensing solutions ranging from computer vision with image georeferencing and alignment to atmospheric gas concentration estimation with radiative transfer models.
- Be involved in technical discussions with the different engineering teams to output optimal payload calibrations and validations in the lab and in orbit.
- Ensure the full system, i.e payload calibration and data production pipelines meet requirements. Define, implement and monitor quality metrics for relevant subsystems.
You have experience in scientific acquisition systems and algorithm development and maintenance in fast-paced and purpose driven environments. You have already applied your skills to Earth Observation or related scientific applications. You have strong problem analysis and solving skills and have proven Python or Rust coding skills.
- Master's degree in physics, Remote Sensing, applied mathematics or similar field of study.
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering, preferably for Earth Observation application or Atmospheric science.
- Ability to think analytically and mathematically.
- Capacity to learn continuously and passion for pushing the limits.
- Fluent in English.
- Good communication skills, open minded and teamwork player
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.James Godfrey
SUBMIT YOUR CV
Darwin Recruitment are currently hiring for an InSAR Analyst on behalf of a company in Rome, Italy that was founded...
Remote Sensing Engineer
Darwin Recruitment are currently hiring on behalf of a NewSpace company founded in 2021 in Toulouse who are seeking an...
DUTCH TECH SALARY BENCHMARKS.
Are you looking for a new role? Would you like to compare your current salary against the market rate?
Maybe you’re looking to grow your team and need help planning and setting hiring budgets.
Our interactive market update, split by technology, has all the information you need; from salary benchmarks, gender split and average tenure to 'time to hire' and fastest-growing skills.