Senior Embedded engineer.
Senior Embedded engineer
Do you aspire to drive positive change? That's our mission. We're revolutionizing ocean industries by creating a safer workplace, more sustainable environments and enhancing vessel performance through ingenious IoT solutions. Join us on this transformative journey!
we're expanding our circle of tech enthusiasts to advance our cutting-edge onboard wireless connectivity. You'll be an integral part of a highly skilled team with an unwavering commitment to making the ocean greener and safer. Our development team holds the reins of the entire stack - from hardware and firmware to on-premises backend and frontend, all the way to enabling cloud API data integration. You wouldn't believe it but our embedded firmware updates happen seamlessly over the air.
Years of relentless development have led to a ground-breaking breakthrough - Onboard Wireless Connectivity (OWC). This revolutionary technology facilitates data collection and transmission within any steel-rich environment, eliminating the need for cabling. We seamlessly link IoT sensor data and existing equipment on vessels and offshore wind turbines, making vital information accessible both onboard and onshore. The data collected is transmitted to our cloud, enriching it at every endpoint.
By joining our team, you'll belong to a group that takes immense pride in its technological achievements, united by our core values: courage, integrity, and compassion.
The position is expected to be effectively executed through on-site, hybrid, and home office work arrangements.
- Conceptualizing and crafting firmware for IoT devices
- Designing and implementing automation for testing and releases
- Creating and maintaining communication and deployment protocols
Qualifications and Skills
- Relevant academic background and a proven track record of projects/products
- Proficiency in designing and developing firmware for microcontrollers and IoT devices.
- Expertise in embedded programming using C and Python scripting.
- Familiarity and experience with Embedded Operating Systems and IoT Development Frameworks
- It is a bonus if you have experience with the following:
- Containerisation Technologies such as Docker
- Open-Source Operating Systems, Version Control Systems such as GIT
- Embedded Systems Concepts and standards for programming small-scale computing devices for specific tasks.
- Networking Technologies and knowledge of wireless mesh networks.
- Hardware Testing Processes and understanding of hardware testing pipelines, ensuring the quality and reliability of electronic components.
- A collaborative team player, proactive, and service-oriented
- Innately curious, innovative, and dedicated to acquiring knowledge.
- You are a positive catalyst for conceptualizing and implementing solutions.
- You have excellent problem-solving abilities and can work autonomously.
- Analytical, methodical, and precise
- Self-driven and deeply committed to your craft.
- Initiative-driven and adept at translating ideas into action
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Bradley Wilkins
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Embedded Software.
Embedded Software Tester (C)
Embedded C Test Engineer - Chur - 6M Contract Darwin Recruitment has a new vacancy at one of our clients...
Embedded Software Developer
For one of my clients, I'm currently looking for an Embedded Software Developer. Within the R&D department, the focus is...
Simulator and Training Operator
Are you working as a Simulator and Training Operator within the Defence and Military industry? Are you looking for a...
DUTCH TECH SALARY BENCHMARKS.
Are you looking for a new role? Would you like to compare your current salary against the market rate?
Maybe you’re looking to grow your team and need help planning and setting hiring budgets.
Our interactive market update, split by technology, has all the information you need; from salary benchmarks, gender split and average tenure to 'time to hire' and fastest-growing skills.