Principle Electrical Engineer.
Principle Electrical Engineer
$120000 - $160000 per year|
We are seeking a highly motivated Principal Engineer to join our team, reporting directly to the Director of Electrical Engineering. In this role, you will be a crucial member of our organization, responsible for a range of electrical engineering design aspects. Your work will span capital projects, facility upgrades, planned outages, equipment troubleshooting, and business development/expansion projects at our various operating facilities.
Electrical Design (Core Responsibility)
- Independently develop, review, and approve electrical system design documents, including One Line/Three Line Diagrams, Control Schematics, Wiring diagrams, Arc Flash, Short Circuit & Voltage Drop Calculations, and Coordination Studies.
- Develop scopes of work for Electrical AE firms and coordinate with suppliers and contractors.
- Plan design tasks to ensure they align with budget constraints and schedules.
- Act as a potential technical lead and subject matter expert for small to medium capital programs.
- Electrical design scope includes System Design, Scope Development, Engineering Calculations, Specifications, and Risk Assessments.
Engineering Standards (Core Responsibility)
- Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, making necessary adaptations and modifications for engineering design.
- Act as the guardian of key electrical design standards and specifications, serving as the SME for the Electrical Team.
- Regularly update design standards and specifications to align with industry best practices and regulatory developments.
- Provide SME design support to Project Managers on assigned construction projects.
- Offer engineering support for commissioning and installations for assigned design projects.
- Provide electrical engineering design troubleshooting support.
- Analyze root causes of electrical failures and develop cost-effective technical solutions for root cause analyses.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 10 years of engineering experience.
- Registered Professional Engineer or the ability to obtain future licensure is required.
- Extensive experience with High, Medium, and Low Voltage distribution systems and electrical power generation, particularly in large utility power plants or large industrial co-generation facilities.
- Proficiency in developing and understanding One Line/Three Line Diagrams, DC Control Schematics, Wiring diagrams, and GA drawings related to interconnections, substations, power plants, and electrical aspects of process plants.
- Proficiency in all phases of a project, including preliminary conceptual system design, scoping, detailed design, equipment selection, equipment testing, and start-up problem resolution, encompassing a wide range of voltages from high voltage (>100 kV) to low voltage (480V).
- Experience with protective relaying schemes (Medium Voltage), including coordination and development of relay settings.
- Proficiency in engineering software such as CAD/AutoCAD, ETAP, SKM Powertools, and more.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, with the ability to analyze data, write technical reports, and develop work packages to implement recommendations while managing multiple assignments.
Morristown, NJ (with remote work options) with approximately 20% travel required
This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact and work closely with various stakeholders. If you have the required expertise and are eager to join a dynamic team, we encourage you to apply.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Craig Wood
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Circuit Analysis.
Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer - Embedded systems, Robotics, Circuits, Sensors, Altium, PCB, Munich Excellent opportunity to work as a Senior Electrical...
Principle Electrical Engineer
We are seeking a highly motivated Principal Engineer to join our team, reporting directly to the Director of Electrical Engineering....
Embedded Systems Electrical Engineer
This is an opportunity to join an organization that serves as the home for engineers across various technical disciplines. Here,...
DUTCH TECH SALARY BENCHMARKS.
Are you looking for a new role? Would you like to compare your current salary against the market rate?
Maybe you’re looking to grow your team and need help planning and setting hiring budgets.
Our interactive market update, split by technology, has all the information you need; from salary benchmarks, gender split and average tenure to 'time to hire' and fastest-growing skills.