Ruby on Rails Engineer enhancing golf.
Ruby on Rails Engineer enhancing golf
€42000 - €62000 per annum|
This is an opportunity to join a revolutionary sporting platform connecting the world of golf.
The ultimate goal is to help golfers of all skill levels improve their game. With over 3 million users in over 180 countries and thousands of new users joining every month, this app is one of the most popular in the market. This success is is due to our dedication to building the best technology in golf.
Due to the projects on the horizon for 2023, they are now seeking a talented Backend Engineer to join their small team and help build and maintain applications, which are used by hundreds of thousands of golfers worldwide every month.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Integrating with the backend team and focusing on the evolution and maintenance of the backend applications, services, and APIs
- Adopting new server technologies as needed
- Choosing the best tools for each project, whether you are working on a simple feature or refactoring a large piece of legacy code
- Building reliable software that can support millions of users
- Applying development best practices with a focus on scalability and ease of maintenance
- Sharing your ideas and helping to shape the future of the company
- Working collaboratively with the team
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- At least 4 years of experience building and maintaining backend APIs and systems
- The ability to take substantial services or features from concept to shipping independently
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Proficiency in the Ruby-on-Rails framework and SQL databases (we primarily use PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge or experience with Node.js
- A passion for distributed systems
- A focus on reliability and performance
- A preference for simple solutions
While it is not required, familiarity with golf or experience playing the game may be helpful in this role.
In return, we offer:
- An annual gross salary ranging from €42K to €62K (depending on experience)
- A year-end bonus of up to 20% of the annual gross salary
- A positive and supportive work environment, including the option to work remotely or at our Lisbon office
- The opportunity to make a significant impact on a growing startup
- The chance to play golf while on the job (for those who are interested)
The hiring process for this role will involve:
- Review of your application
- An engineering interview with the team you will be working with (approx. 1 hour)
- A technical test (approx. 3-4 hours)
- A final interview with the CTO (approx. 1 hour)
- An offer, pending successful reference checks
We are excited to review your application and learn more about your background and experience.
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.
If you wish to contact a specialist regarding this role, or your job search in general, please contact +41 (0)43 456 29 09
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Ruby.
Ruby on Rails Engineer enhancing golf
Apply Now This is an opportunity to join a revolutionary sporting platform connecting the world of golf. The ultimate goal...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.