Senior Software Engineer.
Senior Software Engineer
CHF110000 - CHF140000 per annum|
Senior Software Engineer (f/m/x)
About the role
You will work across multiple products in which you will help to provide the opportunity for students to experience educational travel experiences across the world each year. This role is embedded in the LandOperations team which is responsible for procuring, matching, and allocating all non-flight tour activities within a tour for our travelers.
How you will contribute
- Work closely with your team and business stakeholders to design and deliver high-value complex business problems
- Contribute to the technical vision of the team and the strategic evolution of our systems
- Mentor and coach the engineers in your team
- Actively participate in and drive Agile approaches and processes
- Support the company to grow in a healthy way by creating a great culture
Who you are
- 5+ years of professional experience with common languages
- Understand characteristics and trade-offs of programming paradigms
- A desire to learn new and current technologies and go outside your technical comfort zone
- Strong team player with great communication skills and a passion for collaboration
- Empathy, understanding of other disciplines in and around the product
- Interest in using principles and techniques of Domain-Driven Design
Our tech stack
Let's get this out of the way: yes, we do have a legacy system to support. It is a 20-year-old monolith based on .NET Framework, WPF / WinForms, and MSSQL. Fortunately, we are actively migrating away from it towards a modern platform powered by AWS, ECS/Fargate, Terraform and Docker.
Our new services and backends are running on .NET Core, Node.js and Python, on top of the platform mentioned above. On the client-side we run on TypeScript and React with the help of Retool for rapid prototyping and internal CRUD applications.
We store data in various persistence technologies like MongoDB or AWS RDS, using REST APIs, GraphQL and RabbitMQ to enable loosely coupled communication between systems and components.
We empower our teams to experiment with new technologies, inspired by our internal Tech Radar, because we think that by using the right technology for the problem a great user experience for our customers can be achieved.
- Discounted passes to local destinations and tourist hot spots
- Full reimbursement of the SBB 'halb-tax' travel card, covering country-wide public transportation.
- Free membership for our newly built gym or get involved with our variety of sports teams.
- Seasonal and monthly office events including holiday parties, ski trips, and pay-day happy hours.
- Discounts on a wide range of local restaurants, shops, hotel stays.
- 15% off in-house childcare service
- Option to work in the office full-time, hybrid, or consideration for additional flexibility.
- Full visa sponsorship for Switzerland for non-Swiss / EU applicants
- Relocation support, if applicable
- Diverse and inclusive workplace
- Collaboration on choice of technology
- One flight home per year
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.
If you wish to contact a specialist regarding this role, or your job search in general, please contact +41 (0)43 456 29 09
SUBMIT YOUR CV
React Developer // Only the Netherlands
Apply Now Urgent Role: React Developer // Only candidates from the Netherlands. An exciting opportunity now exists for a Front-end...
Sr.Talented React Developer
Apply Now A fast-growing e-commerce platform is looking for a talented Frontend Developer! Work from anywhere in the EMEA time...
Senior React Developer - Amsterdam
Apply Now Sr. Frontend Web Developer / 5+ years of experience || the Netherlands Relocation and VISA sponsorship / Fully...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.